Applications closed – Head of Fundraising
Due to the redevelopment of our re-homing site an exciting position has become available for a Head of Fundraising to join St Francis, a dog rescue and rehoming harity in Newquay, Cornwall. The successful Head of Fundraising will earn between £36,000 and £38,000 dependent on experience, in addition to a company pension and 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays. If you have experience of fundraising for a Charity at a senior level, setting up fundraising programmes and leading a small team, then this is a fantastic and rare opportunity to deliver a capital appeal for an innovative build project and set up a sustainable fundraising programme for an emotive and well establish cause.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of developing a fundraising strategy and setting up fundraising programmes from scratch
- A track record of successful fundraising for capital projects and well as day-to-day revenue
- Exceeded fundraising targets set for them
- Built successful, long term relationships with supporters
- A passion for animal welfare
- A commitment to delivering an exciting capital appeal for new build, state of the art kennels, and creating a robust fundraising programme to meet revenue costs
Our ideal candidate will be able to:
- Set up a fundraising programme from scratch covering trusts, individual giving, legacies, corporate and community fundraising to build a sustainable and diversified voluntary fundraising base
- Develop relationships with key supporters and stakeholders to grow the fundraising capacity
- Drive and deliver a capital Appeal for the new build on the site and meet fundraising targets to cover on going revenue costs
- Manage a small team of internal and external people, including volunteers, to deliver the fundraising strategy, working closely with the Board of Trustees
- Understand and implement the legislation and regulation around fundraising
- Produce reports to show performance against Key Performance Indicators for the Trust Board
- Produce innovative ideas for fundraising within a compliant framework
St Francis Dogs Home is a well-established animal rescue and rehoming Charity based in Newquay, Cornwall. The Charity has exciting plans to build new state of the art kennels on its cliff top site, to provide the highest standards of animal welfare and care, which will enable it to rehome more dogs in need of a second chance. The new buildings will enable St Francis to expand its work to include a doggy day care service and education work to encourage responsible pet ownership.
St Francis benefits from a generous legacy, part of this endowment will be used to fund the new kennel buildings. As the capital cost is over £1m the Charity intends to fund two thirds of this from reserves whilst the remaining amount is to be generated through voluntary income sources. There have already been capital bids made to fund this capital work.
Once the facility is up and running the plan is to meet day to day costs through a combination of adoption fees and day care fees as well as voluntary fundraised income.
Plans for the build are currently being reviewed and the aim is to start building in early 2022 ready for opening in spring 2023.
Why should you apply?
- Opportunity to deliver a capital appeal and set up a fundraising programme from scratch for an emotive cause
- Competitive Salary
- Great Location the views are amazing
- Fantastic team dedicated to animal welfare
How can you apply?
To apply please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for the job to Emma Roberts at email@example.com.
If you would like an exploratory conversation before applying, please email Catherine Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will aim to get back to you within 2-5 working days. Thank you for your application.